Wednesday, October 31, 2012

50 Shades of Interested!

So I'm sure you're fully aware of the controversial response to the series 50 Shades of Grey.  I've only read the first book but I'll tell you what: I couldn't put it down.  And my husband reaped the benefits when I finally did put it down.

I LOVE reading books first and then see the characters come to life on screen.  Most of the time my imagination is a thousand times better whilst reading than during the 2 hour movie rendition of the written word.  Even though it's rare the movie is better than the book, I still make a promise to watch the movie after I've finished a book.

It all started with Harry Potter in the 6th grade.  I still haven't seen any movie past the 3rd because I refuse to watch before reading, and I haven't had the time to read, or have chosen to read other material.  My favorite books are Nicholas Sparks.  Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic that gets a huge kick out of reading and watching the first kiss unfold and live vicariously as the love blossoms over an over again with each new novel he spits out. 

The only MOVIE that was BETTER than the BOOK was Nicholas Spark's: The Notebook.  This is my all time favorite movie.  I could watch it again and again and spout at least 80% of the conversations word for word. 

The only other Nicholas Sparks Movie that came close to being as good as the book was his most recently released: The Lucky One.   Watch it!  It's so great and the chemistry between the actors is intoxicating.

I love snuggling up by myself and paying attention to every word and action as it's being experienced.  I HATE it when someone interrupts my TV show or movie or book and I always have to rewind or re-read.  My husband can attest to this annoyance I've created.  If I miss any of the words or non-verbals I instantly feel like I'm not part of the story.  WOW.  I admitted it!

Anyway, back to the prompting for this post: 50 Shades of Grey adaptation to movie.
Remember Twilight and how upset everyone got when they announced the characters for Edward and Bella?  Well, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of who they've chosen to play Christian and Anastasia! 

The top guesses are Mat Bomer and Alexis Bledel



Or

Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev (Hello Vampire Diaries!) And, they're dating in real life.  Like for realsies!



Speaking of VD...who LOVES watching Vampire Diaries on the CW?!?!!  I'm totally addicted and get super excited every time I get to watch another episode!


Which character cast do you prefer, Mat & Alexis or Ian and Nina?
Or, what other actors do you think would suit the roles more effectively?

I love romance!


And now it's time for
FINAL THOUGHTS BY LINDSAY:

If you're interested in reading 50 Shades: here's an excerpt from E L Jame's website:

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.


Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment