I can always count on Lianne to be up on what’s new and healthy. About a month ago she started telling me about chia seeds and the endless health benefits they possess. I got on Amazon to get some oil pills and fell into a research craze when I realized the possibilities of this little seed were endless! I ended up buying a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seed for around $10 at a grocery store.
I have drank it in water, added it to yogurt, and chewed it by the spoonful. I immediately feel the long lasting energizing effects of this little beast!
- FDA Approved
- Heart Health ~ Mental Health & Digestive Health
- Proven To Reduce the "Bad" (LDL) Cholesterol
- Great for Diabetics & Effective For Treating Hyperglycemia.
- Contain More Antioxidants Than Blueberries.
- A Complete Protein with All 9 Amino-Acids.
- An Excellent Source of Calcium, Magnesium & Iron.
- Chia Seeds Are 100% Natural, Raw, Non-GMO & Gluten-Free!
- Chia Seeds are an effective aid to healthy weight loss. The fiber rich chia seeds and slowly metabolized carbs can help to curb the appetite and has been shown to help lose weight when included with a balanced and healthy diet.
Dieters Dream Food
|Chia gel also works as a fat replacer for many recipes.|
Chia Improves DigestionWith Chia seeds, you retain moisture; regulate more efficiently the body’s absorption of nutrients and body fluids. Because there is a greater efficiency in the utilization of body fluids, the electrolyte balance is maintained.
Excellent Protein Source
Essential Omega 3
use eat Chia Seeds
- Add chia seeds to smoothies
- Mix it with salad dressings
- Make it a Gel
- Add to puddings
- Bake with it
- Peanut butter
- Scrambled eggs
- Just about anything
To find out more about where I found this recipe: Click Here .
- 1 cup of raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 medium blood orange, peeled
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 packet of Truvia (or raw sugar to your tasting)
- Puree the raspberries and blood orange in a food processor, or crush with a fork.
- Mix in chia and water, and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add 1 packet of Truvia, or a natural sweetener of your choice (honey, agave nectar).
- Allow the jam to thicken, by storing covered in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Enjoy as a topping for oatmeal, or a spread for toast, bagels or waffles.