Monday, January 30, 2012

Travel lightly...

Believe it or not, this is my hotel closet for a 10 day work trip.
...me travelling lightly:

All from one checked bag and 2 carry-ons

Hopefully you're all beginning to see why this year null of shopping gives me a Can-Do attitude instead of one of scarce hope. 

I just returned yesterday from Arizona for a work trip.  After two years of continuous travel, this was the first flight in three months and first time being away from Trevor.  For those of you that don't know, from March 2010 thru October 2011, I was gone for a work project for 92% of those days!  Not your typical work travel that consists of out on Monday, home for the weekend deal.  This was intense similar to the Military reserves: "[Home] One weekend a month and two weeks a year" promise. This was intense days away from home capping out at a maximum time away of 42 days. WOW! From random locations across the nation I:  planned a wedding; married the man of my dreams; went on a honeymoon; and tripled my lifetime visits to Hawaii, from 0 to 3!
To begin to even describe the ups and downs of those crazy 20 months gives me pause! Up until this last week I was really getting used to and enjoying home life.  For some it may seem like monotony or boring day to day activities, but for the last three months I’ve craved normalcy!  There’s nothing I covet more than coming home to my husband, sharing smiles, date nights, and cuddle time!  Nothing like a new perspective to reunite feelings from the early dating days!

TGIH! Thank Goodness I’m home!
Stay tuned for the next posts which will include:
  • My Last Chance Shopping spree: how far did $300 take me?
  • 4+6 year old birthday party extravaganza
  • Kid chaos
  • Packing Tips
  • Things I’ve Gotten Away With [a LaRowe specially requested edition]

Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment